“Should I go to SassyCon?”
“Which should I choose, SassyCon or my brand’s convention?”
“What is SassyCon?”
These are the questions I have been hearing since November when SassyCon was announced. So, let’s chat.
Last year I attended the first ever SassyCon. Put simply… It.was.amazing.
Why? I am so glad you asked!
- You get to meet all of your Suite friends that have been living in your computer.
- The Suite’s focus is attraction marketing. Get tips and strategies to raise your business to the next level!
- This year the guest speaker line-up is amazing! With Michelle Nelson-Schmidt, author of The Whatif Monster, as the keynote speaker.
- There is a Sassy Boutique. They bring together vendors from the various brands for you to shop, network, and learn more all in one place. (and the Suite Swag!)
- Business training that isn’t brand-specific.
- Hearing from a variety of direct sellers and how they work their business. This gives you a chance to get different viewpoints.
- Fewer attendees than most other conventions (brand specific or not) provides for a more intimate setting.
- Network with other like-minded women from various brands. Your next best friend could be in a competing brand! Who knew?
I walked away last year with a pep in my step. Meeting, brainstorming, relationship-building with those that want to run their business the same way that I do was something I can’t even describe. Going to SassyCon, I hadn’t been able to exactly put into words what my why was. A big takeaway for me was seeing Brenda (for those not in the know yet, she’s the founder of Sassy Suite) also play mom. Her kids made short cameos a few times and seeing her in her element and also mom. That’s what I wanted. I left SassyCon knowing I had new lifelong friends, collaborators, confidants, cheerleaders. I was ready to get home and rock my business. It.was.amazing. (have I said that yet?)
Get your Con on!
Looking ahead to this year, I am so eager for the lineup of guest speakers. Along with Michelle Nelson-Schmidt, there is Kari Driskell (I have fangirled her for a long time… I mean, we are kinda name twins) of Driskotech, Heather Hall of Second Serving Leadership, and CinchShare (they were there last year and I learned so much about FB and using CinchShare!). Of course, two of my favorite business Sassy Suite business coaches, Brenda & Windy, will be there, too. Then there is the Pants Breakfast on Sunday with a special discussion panel (not in the Pants yet? Come join us!), Sassy Prom, a bigger boutique with more vendors, and my friends. And swag. I can’t wait for all the new Suite Swag! So much good stuff!
Now, I know some of you still have the burning question of going to SassyCon or your brand’s convention. There are benefits to going to both. At the end of the day you really need to choose what is most important for you and your business. I have attended the conventions for 2 of my previous brands. They were great! I came away inspired, with new swag, brand friends. After attending a brand convention and SassyCon last year, I made the decision that if I could only afford one convention a year going forward, SassyCon would be the top priority. In the last year, I have changed brands. Yes, I can go to new conventions this year, but going to SassyCon this year allows me to build on those relationships I started last year and continued online. I get to hang out with others that have similar goals, that are cheering me on no matter what. It was an easy choice for me.
Did you attend SassyCon 2017? Are you attending SassyCon 2018? I’d love to meet you! Let me know!