The question has been asked numerous times, “What do I need to bring to SassyCon?” For those of you not attending SassyCon, but attending your own direct sales brand convention, don’t fear! I got you, too!
First thing to do when you travel somewhere is to know the weather. SassyCon is taking place in Phoenix, Arizona in June. Do you know what that means? It’s gonna be HOT. Like, 100°+ hot. And dry. Oh so dry.
Going to another convention? Most are in the summer, so figure it’s gonna be on the warmer side for you, too. If it’s not in the desert (Arizona or Las Vegas), it’s probably going to be humid. So plan accordingly. Let me tell ya, I went to one one year in Chicago and I knew it was going to be humid… and it was still more humid than I expected (of course, I live in Los Angeles and we have a good balance of dry vs humidity).
- Layers – It may be hot outside, but I can guarantee the a/c will be on inside and at some point you will get a chill. Make sure to bring a light layer to throw on.
- Outfits for each day, plus an extra 1-2 outfits in case you want to change.
- Swimsuit – There’s a pool, y’all!
- Prom Dress – Yep, that’s right! SassyCon will have a Socialite Prom! How exciting is that?
- Heading to your brand’s convention? Saturday night usually has something going on where you want to dress up. Plan accordingly.
- Underwear, bras, camis… you know, the “unmentionables” that usually get forgotten.
- Pajamas – If you have a roommate, make sure it’s something appropriate and clean.
- Hair care products – shampoo, conditioner, styling stuff (seems legit, right?)
- Hand lotion – remember, dry climate means your hands will be dry! (My *favorite* is Perfectly Posh’s BFYHC)
- Color Street Nail Strips
- Sunscreen – Especially if you are using that pool!
- Tampons/Pads – I know not everyone needs these… but it may be a good time to double check your cycle.
Randomness (AKA the fun stuff)
- Business Cards
- Chargers – phone, tablet, computer, external charger for your phone
- Notebook – you’ll be taking lots of notes. A new notebook is always fun, too.
- Pens – highlighters, pens, pencils… bring it all in a cute carrying bag.
- Water Bottle – Traveling always means you need to keep up with your hydration game.
- Door Decor – Some love to decorate their door to let their fellow ‘con goers know where they are.
- Roommate gift – this is not a requirement at all, but some love to do a little something to surprise their bunkmate.
- Downline gifts – again, not a requirement, but a little something fun never hurt anyone.
- Lanyard Bling – Suite Buttons (I got my PANTS button ready!), an Origami Owl lanyard locket, pins for the lanyard… nothing is required, but it sure is fun!
Grab some of the random items here.
I hope this list gives you some ideas on what to bring to SassyCon or your convention. Did I miss something? Is there something that you can’t live without that I didn’t think about? Share it in the comments!